Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Always something to be done


I haven't written here for a while, so I better get back in the habit. Just a couple of things that we have been up to. We finally decided on a color to paint our house and are getting that done. (I'll put some pictures on later tonight if I get to it) The painting part isn't bad at all but scraping the old stuff off where it is peeling is kind of a pain. Whoever painted it last time apparently thought scraping old paint off was a waste of time. We chose a nice brown color that according to the Columbia historic home colors is called Palamino and we'll be using a white or off white trim. That job should be done(fingers crossed) before it gets too cold.



I have also been working on building a shed to keep all of our stuff in. It has kind of taken a back seat to getting the house painted so I have most of the foundation done and a floor that is framed. Andy and Lesa have been nice enough to help out and bought me doors and a cool window to go in the shed for my birthday back in July. I can't wait to get it done so we can store all of our stuff in there. It will be nice to get the bikes out of the other bedroom.

There are a couple of other things coming up in the next little while. Nikki's birthday is coming up on the first of October and she is getting ready to start celebrating it. Ever since I have known her, her birthday starts one week before the actual day and then it usually lasts another week where whatever she says goes because "its her birthday!". She probably reads this so no hints on what she's getting.
More happening as well, but I'll add more posts later about those.

1 comments:

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

hey thanks for the weekend. we enjoyed spending time with you and nikki. thanks for entertaining the girls. come see us soon.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones