Monday, June 23, 2008

...And I like to do drawings!


As far as artistic talent goes, I may be in the same category as Mike Myer's 'Simon', but I'm giving it a go anyway. I've always like to doodle and even tried painting a couple of times. When I was little I liked entering the Reflections contests in elementary school and grew up watching Dale be a really good artist. It is relaxing for me to pull out the sketch book and draw a few lines. Plus I have to have something to do while Nikki is knitting.

The other day we went to our favorie bookstore, Border's. I bought a little drawing book and I've been reading through it and trying a few things. It is pretty basic. It shows you how to rough in shapes and shade and detail finished projects with the different pencil types. Grapefruit and bottles aren't my final goal so stay tuned for cooler things to come.

1 comments:

2crazycoxes said...

wow i didn't know you liked to draw, did you do those pictures? they are terrific!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones