Wednesday, June 11, 2008

H*A*W*K*E*Y*E



You might think that I’m talking about the famous Benjamin Franklin Pierce from the 4077 MASH, but you’d be wrong. I’m talking about our favorite cat Hawkeye. He’s just part of our family and we like having him around. Whenever someone I meet asks me if we have kids I tell them, “No, but we have a cat”.

He didn’t start out as a Hawkeye though. We found him on the KSL classifieds about a year ago and picked him up for free from a family in Springville that had adopted him. They had named him Paisely and thought he was a girl. Accepting that, we gave him a Hungarian girl’s name, Csilla. After we took him to get declawed and fixed we found out that she was a he. I jumped on the fact that he had an awesome black mohawk, and the fact that Nikki and I both really like M*A*S*H and we came up with Hawkeye.

He is a crazy, fat cat that is very curious and always welcomes attention. I’ll throw some pictures on as proof of his crazy ways. He is fascinated by water (but doesn’t like to touch it very much). He likes to climb as high as he can, and loves to play with everything, whether or not it is his to bat around. Hawkeye also makes a great alarm clock for Nikki. She gets up early to go to work every day and if she isn’t up when Hawkeye thinks she should be, he likes to meow and put his butt in our faces until we wake up and feed him.

As far as cats go, ours is a pretty good one. He keeps it interesting and is fun to play with. We’re never bored with him there and I think we’ll keep him around for a while.


0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones