Monday, June 9, 2008

Spring Is Bling




Winter is cold and I hate driving in the snow. Fall is okay for a while, but it starts getting gloomy and you know snow is on its way. Summer has its perks, but the heat gets old soon enough. Spring is definitely my favorite season. The temperatures are just right most of the time. You can't complain about the cool weather at night and the not-too-hot during the afternoon. Throw in a rain shower once a week and I couldn't be happier.

Yesterday was a perfect example of why spring is the best. Nikki and I jumped on our bikes just after noon and rode the couple of miles over to Any and Lesa's for Sunday dinner. The weather was great. Sandals and shorts were the way to go and my shirt was sticking to me with sweat either. As a side note, I won't be trying to ride down the front steps of our house anytime soon. I thought that would be fun until I went over the handle bars half way down and landed face first in the grass. We rode through Scera Park (you can see footloose at Scera Shell on my birthday if you want, July 9th), and past Orem High that they are starting to tear down it looks like.

Later, after some good eats and a nap on the basement couch, we rode home. Andy and Lesa joined us on their bikes and we took the same course home (Abba is coming to Scera Shell the end of July ;)). I could handle seventy degree weather all summer long. An open window is just enough to cool everything down. It almost seems a shame to go to bed so soon after the sun goes down, but wake up time comes too soon and then it is off to work for the week.

Before too long it will be too hot and I'll have to buy double the popsicles to keep cool. I'll have to start watering the lawn instead of waiting for the next sprinkle, and then I'll wait for spring again. It just never lasts quite long enough.

The pictures on this post are actually from a bike ride we took up to Bridal Veil a while ago

1 comments:

Ben and Marcie said...

Hi Dan! I already left a comment on Nikki's blog, but I just wanted to let you know we have a blog too if you want to check it out. It's marcieandben.blogspot.com I'm excited you guys have them, they are such a fun way to keep in touch. Talk to ya later! Love, Marcie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones